In order to deliver AutonoSky’s services and to give You the best possible experience whilst using the Website, AutonoSky will need to collect and process some of Your Personal Information. In doing so, AutonoSky is committed to safeguarding Your privacy and the security of Your Personal Information.
You are not required to provide any Personal Information on the public areas of this website. However, You may choose to do so by completing the application forms on various sections of the Website, including to make contact with our partners or to make contact in respect of any questions You may have about this privacy notice ("Notice").
Please read this Notice to understand how we collect and use Your information.
This Notice sets out the essential details relating to the Personal Information that AutonoSky processes about You whilst using the Website. The terms governing Your use of the Website are defined in our Terms and Conditions of Use.
If there are any changes to AutonoSky’s data processing practices or to this Notice, the updated Notice will be made available on our website at AutonoSky.com
and will be applicable to Your use of the Website from the date of publication.
By agreeing to this Notice, You agree to AutonoSky Processing Your Personal Information for the purposes set out in this Notice, including providing You with access to the Website and the Website’s content, in accordance with the terms of this Notice and applicable laws, including POPIA.
"Information Officer" means Wendy Moulang;
" means ‘personal information’ as that term is defined in POPIA, being:
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
"POPIA" means the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 or 2013, as amended;
" means ‘processing’ as that term is defined in POPIA, being:
any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, concerning personal information, including—
- the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use;
- dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or
- merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of information;
"We", "us", "our" or "AutonoSky" means Autonosky (Pty) Ltd, with registration No: 2020/699918/07, being a company incorporated and carrying on business in accordance with the company laws of South Africa;
"Website" means the website of AutonoSky currently hosted at Autonosky.com, as AutonoSky may choose to use from time to time; and
"You" or "User" means any person who accesses and uses the Website for any reason.
AutonoSky is responsible for Personal Information under its control and has designated the Information Officer as its information officer, accountable for AutonoSky’s compliance with the POPIA. Comments and questions regarding this Privacy Notice or its administration should be forwarded to the Information Officer.
AutonoSky is responsible for Personal Information in its possession or custody, including information that has been transferred to a third party for Processing. AutonoSky uses contractual or other means to provide a comparable level of protection while a third party is processing the information.
AutonoSky has implemented policies and practices to give effect to the principles of POPIA, including:
- procedures to protect Personal Information;
- procedures to receive and respond to inquiries and complaints;
- training staff and communicating information to staff about Autonosky’s policies and practices; and
- materials to explain AutonoSky’s policy and procedures.
AutonoSky collects Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to respond to enquiries submitted via the Contact Form on the Website; and
- to process job applications submitted via the Careers section of the Website.
Personal Information Collected
The Personal Information that we may Process includes Your name and surname, e-mail address, contact information, information relating to Your occupation, personal information contained in your CV that you submit as part of the job application process, such as Your physical address, postal address, identity or passport numbers and employment history. We also collect details of the the pages of the website viewed by You.
We will limit the Personal Information we Process to only that to which You consent and which is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
Personal information will be collected when You complete and submit the online forms on the Website.
You consent to Your Personal Information being Processed by AutonoSky, being stored by AutonoSky and used by AutonoSky for the purposes specified in this Notice.
Whilst AutonoSky will make all effort to ensure the integrity and accuracy of Your Personal Information, this may not at all times be possible. Following this, You accept the responsibility for the accuracy of the Personal Information You provide to AutonoSky and for keeping Your Personal Information up to date, and You undertake to inform AutonoSky of any changes to Your Personal Information.
You have the right to request that AutonoSky corrects any inaccuracies in or to any such Personal Information. Please contact us using the information provided in the "Enquiries" section of this Notice to the correction of inaccuracies in or to any such Personal Information.
Processing Limitations - Limiting Collection and Use
AutonoSky will limit the collection of Personal Information to that which is necessary for the purposes that it has identified. Such information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
AutonoSky will not collect Personal Information indiscriminately or in a misleading manner. Both the amount and the type of information collected will be limited to that which is necessary to fulfil the purposes identified.
AutonoSky will specify the type of information collected as part of its information-handling policies and practices.
Personal Information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
Processing Limitations - Retention and deletion of Your Personal Information
AutonoSky will not retain Your Personal Information longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was initially collected, or subsequently Processed unless we are required to do so by law.
When You request it, AutonoSky will delete or anonymise Your Personal Information so that it no longer identifies You, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- where AutonoSky is required to retain the Personal Information for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, AutonoSky will retain the necessary Personal Information for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- where necessary for AutonoSky’s legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the legitimacy of the services offered by of AutonoSky.
AutonoSky is committed to protecting Your Personal Information. Autonosky implements appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security and integrity of Your Personal Information and routinely review them.
Security safeguards are to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. AutonoSky will protect Personal Information regardless of the format in which it is held.
The nature of the safeguards vary depending on the sensitivity of the information that has been collected, the amount, distribution, and format of the information, and the method of storage. A higher level of protection is used to safeguard more sensitive information.
The methods of protection used include:
- physical measures, for example, locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices;
- organisational measures, for example, access control measures and limiting access on a "need-to-know" basis; and
- technological measures, for example, the use of passwords and encryption.
AutonoSky will make its employees aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information.
AutonoSky will use care in disposing of or destroying personal information to prevent unauthorised parties from gaining access to the information.
AutonoSky will make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Information.
AutonoSky will be open about its policies and practices regarding the management of Personal Information. Individuals will be able to acquire information about its policies and practices without unreasonable effort. This information will be made available in a form that is generally understandable.
The information made available will include:
- the name or title, and the address, of the person who is accountable for AutonoSky’s policies and practices and who receives inquiries or complaints;
- the means of gaining access to Personal Information held by AutonoSky;
- a description of the type of Personal Information held by AutonoSky, including a general account of its use;
- what Personal Information is made available to related organisations (e.g., subsidiaries and sub-processors).
Transfer of Your Personal Information out of South Africa
AutonoSky subcontracts the hosting of data (including Your Personal Information) to third parties located in countries other than South Africa.
AutonoSky will, in these cases, ensure that standard contractual clauses are agreed upon with these parties so as to ensure protection of Your Personal Information.
Links to other websites
We cannot control or be held responsible for the privacy practices of any third party websites to which hyperlinks may have been provided.
You have the right, by written notice to the Information Officer (using the information provided in the "Enquiries" section of this Notice), to:
object to the processing of Your Personal Information at any time, on reasonable grounds, unless the processing is required by law;
withdraw Your consent for AutonoSky to process Your Personal Information at any time; and
request that we correct, destroy or delete any of Your Personal Information that AutonoSky have processed in accordance with this Notice.
Anonymous Data Collection
AutonoSky may use tools to collect information about the use of the Website. The technology is not able to identify individual users but allows AutonoSky to collect usage statistics.
Cookies will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile anonymised statistics relating to use of services or to provide AutonoSky with feedback on the performance of the Website.
The following classes of information may be collected in respect of Users who have enabled cookies:
- Hardware devices or browser software used;
- IP address or geographic location;
- Date and time of activities while visiting the website;
- URLs of internal pages visited; and
You can, at any time, delete cookies in the security settings of Your browser. You can also configure Your browser settings in accordance with Your personal demands and, for example, decline all cookies. However, non-acceptance or deletion of cookies may limit the functionality of the Website.
Personal Information of Children
AutonoSky does not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under 18 years. If You are under the age of 18 years, please do not use the Website, and do not provide any Personal Information to AutonoSky.
If You are a parent of a child under the of 18 years and become aware that Your child has provided personal data to AutonoSky, please contact us using the information provided in the "Enquiries" section of this Notice, and You may request exercise of Your applicable rights detailed in the ‘Your Rights’' paragraph 14 of this Notice.
If AutonoSky learns that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under the age of 18 years, AutonoSky will take reasonable steps to delete the Personal Information.
Changes to this Notice
Autonosky may occasionally make changes to this Notice. The applicable version of this Notice will always be accessible at Autonosky.com
If Autonosky makes material changes to this Notice, You will be provided with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances (e.g. by displaying a prominent notice on the Website or by sending You an email). We may notify You in advance.
Please read any such notice carefully.
If You have any queries about this Notice You are welcome to send an email to the Information Officer at email@example.com
or hand-deliver to:
AutonoSky (Pty) Ltd
2nd floor, 16 on Milner
16 Milner Road
7405, Cape Town
AutonoSky (Pty) Ltd is the Responsible Party for the purposes of the Personal Information processed under this Notice.